Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Theater Make-Up and More
   OK so this is when I get to write about where my passion was unleashed with Make-up. The Theater is somewhere I grew up! I started at a very young age and continued on into my early 20's. During this time I was able to experiment with all sorts of different looks! I learned to make people old, people a different race, and simply how to show emotion through the way you "drew on your characters face." You can even change your sex.
Learning how to express emotion through make-up has really helped me almost take on a different outlook. Not only can you enhance your features but you can hide some too. You can make yourself appear sun kissed,
 or sometimes even sick. Happy, or Sad. You can make your nose bigger, or smaller the possibilities are endless as long as you have the imagination. I think having the knowledge how to do these not so everyday tricks gives me a whole other realm of clients to tap into in the world of Make-up. This last November the Rio Cafe Cantina threw a Day of the Dead party. They invited me to have a face painting booth where I made over 50 people into skulls. There were sugar skulls, scary skulls, and non-traditional skulls. The party was so fun and provided another opportunity for me to get
my name out there in the community! Booking an MUA for a themed party is always a great way to get the crowd involved, and it makes the event that much more memorable!



   This last Saturday I was able to work with Julie House a Theater entrepreneur herself. Together we transformed her into a Mermaid. She was a moving character for a mutual friends art gallery GRAND OPENING!
   Queen La De Da's located in Illwaco WA. The gallery is very nautical and pirate inspired so Julie as a mermaid was perfect! I hope to be able to work with Mrs. Julie more because she is so fun and laid back! Also I am excited to be able to put fun creative things like this up on my blog! A BIG Thanks to everyone involved! 
I hope to provide more make-up services in the future for parties, Grand openings and shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment