Thursday, February 9, 2012






  The Life of an MUA
   This last weekend while doing a photo shoot with two of my best girlfriends I had a moment of clarity. Standing in the sun on a peaceful day in Knappa Oregon looking at two beautiful models surrounded by the peaceful scenery and quiet chirping of birds I had to snap myself back into reality...I was working! I was taken back by how blessed I felt at that moment! It made me realize how lucky I am to be able to do what I love for a living. The ability to be able to go to work and just make things beautiful is something not a lot of people in our society get to experience. Sometimes I think I get used to the glamours and enjoyable parts of my job and dont push myself farther. For the last two years I have been an on staff MUA at Medical Spa LaCost in Astoria, Or. Being able to practise my craft at an hourly rate has really given me the experience I need to excel in this industry. It has been fun, stable, and rewarding, but at that moment staring at my work being put onto film, enjoying myself so much I realized that it is time to take it to the next level! Hence the reason why I have a blog now. The next day I sat at the computer making myself a Facebook page, joining online networking sites, and exploring all the different options I have to make sure I can continue to grow and succeed doing what I love! I all of a sudden feel like I have a purpose...a goal...a future more than I ever have before in my life. If you know me that is pretty hard to believe. I have been looking for my place in the world with vigor for so many years now. But guess what this is it! Thank You to all my friends and family for all the support and encouragement you give to me! A special thanks to Patricia Willis for making things happen and making sure she pushes me to do something with my talents! Thanks to my wonderful boyfriend Clenet Corderman for understanding why I come home every night with crazy make-up and sometimes even looking like a different person. Thank you to Chrissy and Katie Karjalainen for always haveing a free face to practise on and so many good ideas! And thank you to my Momma for blessing me with the passion for beauty and fashion. She still inspires me everyday! I cant wait to see where Mundel Make-Up Artistry will take me next! 

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging. Very thankful to have been your photographer to help show case your lovely talent. I hope to get my makeup done by you someday! Look forward to working with you more! ;)

    ReplyDelete