Monday, March 19, 2012

               How to ROCK your glasses with make-up
 
    I have now joined the glasses world! After years of putting it off I finally am just too old to justify not wearing glasses. One of my biggest excuses for not wearing glasses was that I would not be able to wear my fun eye make-up anymore. Being a make-up artist this did just not fly. But alas I have them now and I cant believe the difference! Its a whole new world out there. I also have been experimenting with what eye make-up works with them and what does not. First and formost you need eye make-up if you are wearing glasses! Without it you get lost. For example here is me this morning with no make-up. My eyes are hidden behind my "hipster" frames! Even my smile looks small and the shadow of the glasses makes my cheek bones look flat. Needless to say I need some help if I am going to make it through the day without someone asking me if I am sick!


    Here is me with make-up on much better! So this is what i did. First I applied blush to the apples of my cheeks. This helps with the dark shadows that were making my cheek bones disappear. Next I used a light color shadow on my lids. I per fer Bone from Jane Iredale. I put that all around my eye not just on my lid. Below my eye and all the way to the brow bone on the top. Next I added a little sparkle by using Jane Iredale 24kt Gold dust in Champagne. I made sure to keep the dust out of the inside corners of both my eyes so they popped that much more! I then lined my top lash line with a black liquid eyeliner. I used to use a Dark brown but since the rims of my glasses are black I needed something just as dark as they are to stand out! For my bottom liner I used a Navy colored pencil in my water line. I have blue eyes so the Navy brings call attention to my eye color not the glasses but what is behind them. If you have Green eyes a minty green liner on the inside of your eye works best. Hazel eyes call for mint green as well but can also use a copper color. Last but not least brown eyes get to have the most fun you get to use purple, dark brown, wine, or even black works good. To make my lashes standout behind so much hardware I applied Jane Iredale lash lengthening conditioner before I put on a heavy coat of dark black mascara. So there I am all ready to start my new life with glasses wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment